This week the 'heartbeat bill', a proposal too extreme even for Ohio Right to Life, is being considered again in our Statehouse. The bill is an unconstitutional affront on women's reproductive health care. It violates the Constitution by removing a woman's right to choose, starting as early as six weeks.
Call your legislator today!
How to call:
1. If you don't know who your Ohio state senator, find out here.
2. Dial 1-800-282-0253. (It's best to call Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
What to say:
• I live in your district and oppose the 'heartbeat bill'.
• You were elected to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Ohio. HB 125 is clearly unconstitutional since it seeks to ban abortion before the fetus can survive outside the womb.
• If passed, HB 125 will immediately be challenged, be tied up in the courts for years, and cost the state money that we don't have.
• Even Ohio Right to Life does not support HB 125. Their Executive Director "fear(s) that the 'heartbeat bill' will reaffirm Roe v. Wade and certainly it will not save one baby's life as it will be ruled unconstitutional."
• Please stop the assault on women's reproductive health care and return to the priorities of improving the economy, creating jobs, and balancing the budget.