Walking and Working to End Gun Violence
Believing We Can Make a Difference
Join us on May 10, the day before Mother’s Day, as we walk and work to keep Ohioans, young and old safe from firearms. On Saturday morning, May 10, 2014 we will march across the Hope Memorial Bridge in Cleveland, from Carnegie to Lorain, at 10:00 a.m. A Rally will follow at 11:00 at Market Square Park, across from the West Side Market. We will be inviting speakers to address issues of gun violence in our communities and our state. In particular we will bring attention to House Bill 31 to protect children from unsecured guns, and House Bill 203 which threatens to turn Ohio into a “stand your ground” state (see below). This event is endorsed by Moms Demand Action, Everytown for Gun Safety, Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence, Doctors Organized for Healthcare Solutions, and States United to Prevent Gun Violence.
- St. Ignatius High School on Lorain (west of bridge)
- Tri-C Parking Garage on Carnegie (east of bridge), $5.00, across from Progressive Field
- Another public lot available on Carnegie just east of Progressive Field, $3.50
- East end of Hope Memorial Bridge, north side
- Walk begins at 10:00 a.m.
T-shirts are available on a first come – first served basis Signs for carrying will also be available or bring your own sign to support ending gun violence.
Market Square Park, Lorain & W. 25th, across from Westside Market
11:00 a.m. until noon